Grant Writing and Management
- Grant writing, management, and consulting focused on human services.
- Technical writing for policies, procedures, and reference materials.
- Data analysis and research for statistical reports, white papers, and position statements.
Exemplary Outcomes: For the Nevada Division of Mental Health and Developmental Services, I was the primary grant writer and manager for the Community Mental Health Services Block Grant from 1999 – 2008. I wrote the grant application annually, developed detailed implementation reporting, and successfully defended the grant during annual grant reviews, with no modifications required for eight out of ten years. The grant grew from $1.6 million in 1999 to $3.6 million in 2008. For the Nevada Division of Child and Family Services, I was the primary grant writer and project coordinator for the Regional Partnership Grant from 2007 – 2018. This grant totaled $5 million during the first five years of the project (RPG 1), and $2.9 million during the next five years (RPG 2).
- Process improvement, workflow management, logistics, communication, and meeting facilitation.
- Information processing, data analysis, reporting, and budget development.
- Grants management, administration, compliance review, program evaluation, and reporting.
- Developing requests for proposals (RFPs), proposal evaluation, and grant award processes.
- Specialized services in government and nonprofit sectors.
Exemplary Outcomes: For three years, I helped manage the entire grant application, review, and award process for Nevada Community Connections, which distributed over $1 million annually for child abuse and neglect prevention. For two years, I served as a writer for the federal Center for Mental Health Services to develop the public records of the national consultative grant review process. For 19 years, I have worked with the State of Nevada to assist with grants management of various State and federal funding streams averaging $1 – $4 million annually. I help connect people and workflows to accomplish State and federally mandated outcomes in a variety of areas related to mental health, public health, child abuse and neglect prevention, and child welfare.
Exemplary Outcomes: From 2004 to 2018 I provided facilitation, coordination, subgrant management, research, and data analysis services for the Nevada Executive Committee to Review the Death of Children. The Executive Committee reviews reports and recommendations from Nevada’s regional child death review teams and makes decisions regarding recommendations for improvements to laws, policies, and practices related to the prevention of child death. For this group, I completed the annual data analysis report to provide detailed information on the leading causes of child death in the state and related prevention efforts.
I currently serve as the lead program evaluator with the Nevada Sixth Judicial District Court for the Family Treatment Drug Court (FTDC) project.